UG International Students

International students should comply with the following admissions instructions: English Language Requirements If your native language is not English, you are required to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) administered by the Educational Testing Service, Princeton, New Jersey, or the Michigan Test of English Language Proficiency offered by the Testing and Certification Bureau, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan. Only TOEFL scores of 520 (paper-based test) and 190 (computer-based test) or more are acceptable. 

Both examinations are readily available in centers located abroad. When making arrangements for either examination, please request that test results be forwarded to:

Marygrove College
TOFEL Code: 7225 Office of Recruitment and Enrolment
8425 W. McNichols
Detroit, MI 48221 USA 

Official Transcripts
(Translation and Evaluation)
In support of the application for admission, an international student must submit a certified translation of an official transcript, course-by-course evaluation and recommendation for admission from a reputable international credentials evaluation service. We strongly urge international students to use World Education Services, Inc. An application is available upon request from the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.

Statement of Finances
As an international student, you must be able to prove that sufficient funds are available to meet all expenses for four years of school as well as for vacation periods. A Statement of Finances is therefore required and must accompany the application for admission.

If you are being sponsored by the following: your government, by the U.S. government or by a relative or friend, this must be so stated and the person responsible for payment of your educational and personal expenses must sign the statement. Statement of Finances must be notarized in order to be considered valid by the College.

Marygrove does not provide financial aid for international students. However, to promote diversity, the College does provide academic scholarships to all qualified students regardless of citizenship.

Certificate of Health and Insurance
The Medical Examination Form must be completely filled out and returned to the Office of Admissions at Marygrove prior to the issuing of a Certificate of Eligibility (Form I-20). This medical examination record will become part of your permanent health record.

All international students are required to purchase a health insurance policy that provides for full hospital and medical coverage during their entire stay in this country as a student. A receipt, which shows payment of premiums, must be presented to the International Student advisor before initial registration.

All materials must be submitted three months before the beginning of the term in which you intend to start classes.

Scholarship Programs

Scholarship Programs

Scholarships are awarded based on a student’s achievement—academic, talent, athletic, etc. Scholarships do NOT have to be repaid.

Residence Life at Marygrove College

Residence Life

As a resident of Florent Gillet, you will not only receive meals and convenient housing, you will also be surrounded by social and educational opportunities that promote growth and self-fulfillment.

Learn About Marygrove Athletics!

Meet the Mustangs!