Marygrove College has many recreational, fitness, and athletic opportunities. Recreation and fitness facilities include the College's fitness center and gymnasium.
The Mustangs athletic program is a member of the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics. The NAIA practices five core values that Marygrove College strives to develop in its students: respect, responsibility, integrity, servant leadership, and sportsmanship. Marygrove College students are reminded to practice these values when participating in recreational activities on or off campus. Marygrove College is also a member of the United States Collegiate Athletic Association. Currently, the College's varsity athletic teams include women's volleyball as well as men's and women's basketball, soccer and baseball.
The Marygrove College Fitness Center is located on the lower level of the Madame Cadillac building. It is equipped with an upper level track, a variety of dumbbells, a seven station universal gym, four exercise bikes and other cardiovascular equipment. It is open to all Marygrove students, faculty and staff. Patrons must fill out a fitness waiver and show current Marygrove identification to use the facilities. Various social events and aerobic/fitness classes are occasionally scheduled here.
7:30 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday
7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Friday
CLOSED Saturday & Sunday
For more information, contact William Pugh at 313.927.1494 or firstname.lastname@example.org
All users of the fitness center and gymnasium must abide by the following policies:
- People should check with their physician before they begin an exercise program.
- Only Marygrove students, staff, faculty and alumni may use the facility, and they must have a current Marygrove identification.
- Children are not allowed in either of the facilities.
- The facilities will be open only when there is an attendant available to monitor usage.
- Attendants are not certified fitness trainers and will not give advice about workouts.
- Spotters are recommended for all weight machines.
- The equipment is to be used as intended.
- Sports equipment (balls, jump ropes, steps) must be checked out using a valid Marygrove ID.
- Courtesy toward other guests is required. Inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated. Patrons should bring their own electronic equipment if they want to listen to a particular type of music. Boom boxes are prohibited.
- Patrons should bring a towel to wipe off the equipment when they are finished using it.
- A limit of thirty minutes will be enforced on all cardiovascular equipment (Stairmasters, treadmills, bikes, etc.) if necessary.
- The College is not responsible for patrons' valuables. Lockers are available. Locks left on lockers will be cut off.
- Appropriate attire is required. Men must wear shirts.
- No food, open drinking containers, or chewing gum are allowed in the facilities. Water bottles are acceptable.
- Groups sponsored by the College may reserve the gymnasium by contacting the Recreation Coordinator at 313.927.1391. External organizations may reserve the facility and will be charged an hourly fee for use.
- Enrolled students at Marygrove College may also access the Northwest Activities Center (NWAC) during the academic year at no cost. A Marygrove ID is required to enter NWAC. Contact the NWAC at 313.578.7500 for information.
The College reserves the right to make any decisions related to the operation of the facilities.