Candidates with at least two years of teaching experience are preferred, but Marygrove also considers teachers who have recently received their bachelor's degree and started teaching.
To successfully complete this degree program, you must:
- Collaborate with other students in the program by participating as a member of an online discussion cohort
- Teach in a K-12 classroom
- Desire to be a master teacher
- You will need access to:
- Camcorder in order to record yourself in a teaching situation to fulfill selected Capstone Project requirements
- Computer with Internet access
Most courses that are eligible for transfer are courses that are offered through Marygrove College. You may be eligible to transfer up to two (2) Marygrove individual graduate courses (or 6 credits) into the online Master in the Art of Teaching (MAT) program.
Because the program is offered in a lock-step format without electives, the potential to transfer courses from another institution is highly unlikely. You may request transfer credit for a course from another institution as part of the application process. To be considered, courses would need to have been taken within six (6) years of your anticipated graduation date. All requests for transfer must include 1) an official transcript; and 2) course description and syllabus from the credit-granting college or university. Requests must be made in writing at time of application.