Located in the lower level of the Marygrove College Library (L013), the Faculty Technology Center is a faculty-support center that provides consulting services, training, and access to state-of-the-art computer equipment for use by Marygrove faculty who are interested in incorporating technology into the teaching and learning process.
The FTC has knowledgeable staff who can demonstrate the latest instructional technologies, assist you with using these technologies, and provide advice on how to best meet your instructional goals.
Please call Linda Brawner, Director, Educational Technology Services, at 313.927.1846 for more information.
Call for assistance with:
- Accessing Blackboard, Marygrove's primary online course creation, delivery, and management tool;
- Putting course material or your entire course on the web;
- Setting up course discussion groups and chat rooms;
- Creating and delivering online quizzes and tests;
- Creating and delivering professional PowerPoint presentation material;
- Scanning text, graphics, and slides;
- Training on current computer topics.
Faculty Technology Center policies
- The FTC is for use by Marygrove faculty working on Marygrove College course-related instructional materials;
- Students developing instructional materials for Marygrove faculty are permitted to use the FTC with prior permission from the FTC director and a written letter from the sponsoring faculty;
- Please present your Marygrove College ID and check in with a consultant before entering;
- Please provide your own storage devices, such as CDs or flash drives, to save your work;
- Educational Technology Services staff are not responsible for storage devices, documents, or other materials including electronic documents left in the FTC;
- Scheduled appointments take precedence over walk-in clients;
- Please refrain from drinking or eating in the FTC.