- Created on Tuesday, 17 January 2012 17:09
Department of Music
Presents Music Events for
Sunday | January 22, 2012 | 3:00 p.m. | Denk Chapman Hall
Something Old, Something New: Chamber Music Concert
In Collaboration with
Chamber Music at the Scarab Club
The program consists of two outstanding quintets for piano, violin, viola, cello and bass by Franz Schubert and Ralph Vaughan Williams plus a brand new work by Michigan composer Clark Suttle. Experience the virtuosic playing of pianist Jacqueline Csurgai-Schmitt along with flutist Laura Larson, clarinetist Brian Bowman and strings.
Tickets - $20 at the door, $18 in advance, $10 for students
Faculty, staff and students who show their Marygrove College ID will receive a complimentary ticket.
- Created on Tuesday, 10 January 2012 14:42
MLK Service, City-Wide Rally and March
Where: Depart from Madame Cadillac Building
Activities include assistance at St. Dominic Outreach Center and participation in a city-wide rally and march at Central United Methodist Church. Transportation and lunch provided.
Contact: Jesse Cox (313) 927-1404 or Sr. Barb Beesley (313) 927-1403
- Created on Wednesday, 19 October 2011 19:36
Join us for an engaging perspective from two speakers —Kiva donor and a Kiva recipient. Detroit is the first Kiva City in the United States, a program where Kiva works with community organizations to provide microloans to small businesses. Kiva Detroit is the product of a partnership between Michigan Corps, ACCION USA, Knight Foundation and Kiva International.
co-chair of the Kiva Detroit Board became involved with Kiva while he was a professor at the University of Michigan. An entrepreneur, a pastor, and former elected political official, he also serves on the Knight Foundation Advisory Board.
co-chair of Kiva Detroit, is an inaugural recipient of a Kiva Detroit loan, which is being used to launch Thrive Detroit Street newspaper. She is a Project Manager and Program Director for the Homeless Prevention and Rapid Rehousing Program, funded through the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA).
- Women’s Center Manifests on Campus
- Black Male Engagement Challenge
- Marygrove, UD-Mercy host Career Fair, Oct. 11
- Marygrove College presents new “Defining Detroit” event
- Marygrove chosen to host historic National Action Plan
- Making History. Marygrove answers the global call for peace.
- Exhibit Showcases IHMs' History
- Take Back the Night Sheds Light on a Painful Reality for Women and Children.
- Redemption 101: Coursework that Changes Lives
- Bauder Lecture Series, Friday April 15th