Professor van Rossum is an assistant professor and department chair of Human Resource Management at Marygrove College, Detroit, Michigan. Prior to joining Marygrove College, Professor van Rossum served 20 years as an Denominational Executive for the Community of Christ (formerly known as the Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints-RLDS).
A native of the Netherlands, Jerry has lived in the Netherlands, Canada and the United States. He has worked and travelled extensively throughout North America, Europe, Russia and Japan, Some of his professional accomplishments include:
- Founding his own business advisory services and management consulting firm, Smith-van Rossum and Associates LLC, with clients representing micro businesses, start-up companies, manufacturing companies, non-profit corporations, marketing firms and service industries strategically positioning them for continued growth
- Merging 4 diverse church jurisdictions into single Mission Center
- Developing and implementing creative and international leadership programs for young adult leaders
- Restructuring Community Outreach Services Corporation Board of Directors
- Strategic Planning for Third Circuit Court of Michigan Child Study Clinic
- Graduate Certificate Human Resource Management, Capella University