The Student Technology Instruction Center (STIC)
The Student Technology Instruction Center is a resource for students, staff, and alumni who want to improve their technology literacy skills through group training sessions, one-on-one consultations, and access to "just in time" online tutorials.
The STIC also provides lab space and assistance to students needing to write papers, produce PowerPoint presentations, scan documents, and access Blackboard and other applications.
How can we help?
The Educational Techology Center (ETC)
The Educational Technology Center (ETC) is an extension of the Education Division located in the lower level of the Liberal Arts Building. It is designed to serve the specialized K-12 curriculum needs of the Division. The Center is open to anyone visiting the facility, but most services -- such as printing, word processing and web design -- are limited to Marygrove faculty and staff, education students, and education alumni.
Services and computer technologies available include:
- Several networked, high-end, multimedia PC’s (Windows)
- Several networked, high-end, multimedia Mac’s
- Broadband Internet connections
- Color flatbed scanning
- Color inkjet and B&W printing (15 cents per sheet)
- Microsoft Office Suite
- VHS duplication service ($)
- Web design tools
- Multimedia development tools (e.g. Dreamweaver, Flash)
- Educational software titles across most disciplines
- Video capture/editing
- Projection system to facilitate instructional presentations
There are many "WiFi" wireless hotspots on Marygrove's campus where you can use a computer equiped with an 802.11b transmitter to access the Internet. See the following map.