Spiritual. Elegant. Miraculous. Peaceful. Strolling Marygrove’s beautiful campus is like stepping into a masterpiece painting. In the heart of Detroit, it’s a place that will stir your soul.
Often called Detroit’s most elegant place to learn, Marygrove is located on 53 beautifully wooded acres in northwest Detroit. The park-like campus is centered by four very spacious buildings. Two main structures, both completed in 1927, are the Liberal Arts Building and Madame Cadillac Hall.
Built of Bedford stone in a Tudor Gothic architectural style, both buildings are distinguished by the quality of their materials, including Carrera and Tavernelle Rose marble, English oak paneling, stained and leaded glass windows, terra cotta fireplaces, and bronze grillwork. From the maple and oak hardwood floors to the slate roofs, the buildings are crafted with a quality of material and attention to detail that can never be replicated. In many ways, both buildings represent Marygrove at its best: they express a philosophy of education that reveres excellence and honors the values that endure.