Admission to the TCCERT Program does not constitute permission to do student teaching. Admission to student teaching is contingent upon satisfying the requirements outlined below.
- An overall grade point average of 2.7 or better in courses taken at Marygrove College.
- Completion of all professional certification and teaching discipline courses except student teaching.
- Recommendation by an academic department and the Education Unit.
- Health record clearance from a physician within six months of student teaching.
- Review and approval by the Education Unit.
Marygrove does not waive student teaching.
Requirements for Michigan Provisional Certification
A candidate’s credentials will be sent to the state of Michigan for provisional certification once the following elements have been successfully completed and verified:
- Undergraduate degree
- Required MTTC tests-Basic Skills plus competency tests *
- All undergraduate coursework for teaching disciplines, teaching major and minor where applicable
- Entire Marygrove College sequence of professional teaching courses
- Confirmation of valid First Aid and CPR (Adult & Child) credentials
Secondary – A passing score on the major and minor subject area tests. Elementary –Marygrove requires you to pass the Elementary Test and the test in your major.