To learn more about programs/courses:
Call: (313) 927-1230
SCHOOL SUCCESS COURSES
Marygrove has launched a new academic program that helps improve test scores by focusing on strategies that enhance skill development. Topics relevant to today’s students preparing for MEAP tests include text connections, discussions and instruction of literacy as a combination of reading, writing, spelling, phonics and speaking. We also offer ACT Preparation and Study/Test Taking Skills courses that teach students how to focus, as well as key in on specific areas to overcome anxiety and improve test taking techniques and strategies.
- Experienced certified teachers
- Small classes (max. 12)
- Books and materials
- Math and Reading classes include pre and post testing
- 90 minutes of classroom instruction
Kids' College is offering special courses for parents and students to help bridge the gap from high school to college.
- Ready? Set? Off to College – This course will cover preparing your child for college, the application process, choosing the right college and paying for college.
- Study and Test-taking Skills - Improves memory, concentration, motivation, note taking, organization of materials and test taking techniques.
- NCAA Parents/Athletes Information Workshop - Parents will have a better understanding about athletic scholarships, division I, II and III schools and NCAA guidelines
- ACT Preparation - The reading and math courses are designed to prepare students for the ACT test. Instructional materials include three actual ACT tests.