Mission, Vision and Values
Marygrove College, an independent, Catholic graduate institution, sponsored by the Sisters, Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary:
- Educates students from diverse backgrounds
- Fosters values-based leadership
- Provides innovative graduate studies and professional development toward career enhancement and social responsibility
- Serves as an institutional leader within the city of Detroit
Our students, as citizen-leaders, will inspire transformative change in their workplaces, communities, and society through their intellectual rigor and professional excellence, creativity and imagination, active compassion for others, and lifelong commitment to a just, humane, and inclusive world.
Marygrove College, in collaboration with community and business partners, offers a transformative learning experience grounded in the values of:
- Human Dignity - Respect and honor the inherent value of all persons
- Community - Sustained engagement and responsibility for the common good
- Social Justice - ethical action that promotes equity and human rights
- Ecological Justice - Action in support of the Earth Charter’s commitment to “protect and restore the integrity of Earth’s ecological systems, with special concern for biological diversity and the natural processes that sustain life.
- Excellence - Commitment to the highest quality student service and responsible leadership, grounded in a culture of high expectations, continuous assessment, and evidence-based decision making
- Innovation - Imaginative energy toward new ideas and opportunities that lead to the development of a clear purpose and shared goals
- Diversity - Appreciation, inclusion and acceptance of the uniqueness of each individual, welcoming differences in race, cultural background, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, and perspective, among other attributes through hiring, recruiting, marketing and community outreach practices