DEPARTMENT: Student Development
REPORT TO: Assistant Dean of Student Development
CLASSIFICATION: Exempt (salaried) – Full-time
Coordinator of Student Involvement, Leadership and Greek Affairs, a newly created position designed to provide leadership to student organizations, Greek Life, and assist in creating a vibrant campus life. Reporting to the Dean of Student Development, the Coordinator is responsible for strengthening campus programs, activities, and services that enhance the quality of campus life. The Coordinator has college leadership responsibilities in the areas of student government, student experience board, student organization advisement, campus life programming, and Greek life.
- Include services to commuter students, event planning and co-curricular learning outcomes.
- Develop educational and leadership programs to effectively guide student organizations, and the fraternity/sorority community.
- Outline policies and expectations to educate students/organizations/chapters regarding community standards.
- Responsible for the planning, management, and implementation of New Student Orientation activities.
- Establish and cultivate strong relationships with students, faculty, staff, and administrators to build upon successful collaborative programs and initiatives.
- Designs and implements various workshops and seminars on leadership development and team building.
- Coordinate and oversee the student government and its leaders. Advise leaders on methods and processes. Assist in problem solving a variety of issues.
- Teach students program planning and mentor them throughout the academic year.
- Design and implement leadership development programs to assist students in gaining the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform leadership functions.
- In collaboration with Student Development staff, offer input and action steps to assist in the integration of Marygrove freshman as they transition into their first year experience
- Attend workshops, department activities, seminars, and conferences related to job responsibilities.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Considerable knowledge relating to Student Development and Student Life
- Knowledge of group dynamics and proper meeting procedures.
- Plan, organize, and make independent decisions reflecting sound judgment.
- Impeccable program planning and organization skills.
- Ability to work with students from diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Master's degree in Higher Education, Student Personnel, or a relevant field
- Progressively responsible experience in managing higher education student life programming and student organization activities.
- Two years of experiences in Higher Education.
- Previous experience in working with student organizations, Greek Life, or New Student Orientation is a must.
- Working knowledge of advising fraternities and sororities, and a commitment to shaping environments in which students are trained and mentored as campus leaders.
- Sensitivity to the roles and perspectives of a diverse, multicultural community is essential.
- Possess strong leadership and problem-solving skills; the ability to engage in program development
- A collaborative leadership style; and knowledge of student/leadership development theory.
- work a flexible schedule that includes nights and weekends
- Excellent communications skills including both written and verbal with experience presenting to groups of people.
The screening process will continue until a successful candidate is chosen. Send resume, cover letter
with salary requirement and three employment references to Marygrove College, Human Resources
(state title of position on subject line). For information on the College, see www.marygrove.edu Marygrove College is committed to achieving a faculty and staff that is reflective of its diverse student body, and welcomes and encourages applications from members of
communities historically underrepresented in higher education. EOE