Title: Inside Recruitment Representative
Department: Institutional Advancement
Reports to: Admissions Administrator
Classification: Exempt (salaried), Full Time
This position is a member of the inside recruitment team dedicated to superior customer service in responding to student inquiries, resolving issues, and problems, and ensuring that appropriate action is taken in a timely, honest, and professional manner. The Recruitment Counselor is responsible for all aspects of the recruitment and application process in an effort to qualify students for admission selection and enrollment. The successful candidate will be an articulate, organized, results-driven, dynamic and enthusiastic leader and team player. This position provides an excellent opportunity for a talented and committed professional whose skills and attitude complement a dynamic, collegial team.
SUCCESSFUL Candidates Will Have:
- Bachelor’s degree– experience taking an online course is a plus
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and deal with ambiguity.
- Exceptional interpersonal, problem solving and customer service skills.
- Ability to listen, understand and overcome obstacles.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer literate and able to learn proprietary software applications.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Meet or exceed predetermined application and enrollment goals primarily through campus visits, receptions, telephone and email correspondence with prospective students and their parents.
- Spend several hours each day following up on potential leads. Responds to all new inquiries quickly and maintains consistent communication with all students throughout the admission process. Completes an average of 100 outbound calls per day and documents communications and conversations in Student Recruitment Management software.
- Conduct student appointments to identify students’ educational goals and disseminate course and program information to potential students. This includes consulting with potential and/or current students with respect to admissions criteria, and reviewing with students the attributes of our programs.
- Inform the student of appropriate time and program commitments while helping them identify available options to develop a personalized plan for success.
- Works to resolve student inquiries, issues, and problems, and ensure that appropriate action is taken in a timely, honest, and professional manner. Take ownership of each call and manage requests efficiently to ensure the student prospect, company, and/or regulatory agencies complete satisfaction.
- Assist the student by performing appropriate follow up and coordination with team members, ensuring effective coordination of communication with outside sales team.
- Conduct interviews by phone or in person to qualify prospective students on their educational goals and interests, to explain available academic programs, to advise them on admission requirements, and to ensure that all application paperwork, including required documentation, is completed properly. Provides more in-depth counseling for undecided students.
- Proactive in identifying potential barriers within the student enrollment process and initiates steps resulting in resolution.
- Assist with additional work duties or responsibilities as evident or required.
- Support in the organization and promotion of campus events, such as the preview days and high school receptions.
- Organize and conduct information sessions with visiting students, classes, and counselors individually or in a group setting.
- Occasional travel required in support of the outside recruitment team during high school visits and at college fairs, this includes some evenings and weekends.
- Provide back-up to others in the department, as needed.
- Complete documentation of all communication with prospects and students within SRM
- 3 years customer service, telemarketing or sales experience (including admissions experience)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field required.
- Excellent presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to fulfill Company Key Behaviors
- Complete weekly and/or monthly reports and forecasts as directed.
- Identify potential problems and solutions through effective analysis of reports.
- Assist in the planning, development, and execution of recruitment and enrollment activities including: open houses, regional presentations, training sessions, orientation programs, career days, registration days, college fairs, etc.
- Knowledge of current recruitment and marketing trends, a commitment to strategic planning, skills in planning and assessing program initiatives and experience in the effective use of technology and institutional research.
- Demonstrated experience in data-driven recruitment operations that have resulted in substantial growth in enrollment, quality, and diversity of the application pool, including traditional, and non-traditional students across ethnic, geographic and income strata.
- Outbound sales experience, with an emphasis on a consultative sales approach
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong focus on inside sales strategies and documentation of activities.
- Superior time management and task prioritization skills needed to meet expected call volumes
- Exhibit an exceptional customer centric mentality at all times.
- Strong interpersonal skills with both faculty and student populations.
- Superior organizational and problem resolution skills.
- Goal oriented and highly ethical.
- Strong expertise with MS Office as well as field related hardware and software packages and systems for reporting features.
- Technical skills; including the use of multiple computer programs, student recruitment management software, etc.
- Strong knowledge of iDoc and Datatel software to facilitate admissions processes
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and transform ideas into practical solutions.
- Ability to show respect for others, be a team player, relate in a friendly and accepting manner, open, flexible, respectful of alternative points of view, and comfortable in a collegial environment.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain high standards of personal conduct, take responsibility for one's own behavior, and exercise good judgment and make timely and sound decisions
- Demonstrate creativity and a high level of energy, serving as a motivational force.
- Demonstrated ability to meet or exceed recruitment goals of matriculating qualified applicants for admission into a college or university.
- Ability to interact effectively as either a leader or as a member of a team and work collaboratively with other departments.
- Ability to listen to customers (e.g. staff, etc.) and to understand and respond positively to their requests.
- Ability to adapt to changing assignments and multiple priorities to successfully meet deadlines.
- Availability to travel and work evenings and weekends as required.
. Interested candidates must apply by Friday, August 31, 2012. Applications will not be accepted after this date.
FOR OUTSIDE APPLICANTS TO APPLY:
The screening process will continue until a successful candidate is selected. Submit a current resume, Introductory Letter of application including salary requirements and three employment references.
Fax to (313) 927-1550 or;
(Please state title of position on subject line). E-mail submissions are preferred;
For complete description and information on the College see www.marygrove.edu. Marygrove College is committed to achieving a faculty and staff that is reflective of its diverse student body, and welcomes and encourages applications from members of communities historically underrepresented in higher education. EOE