Marygrove College is actively recruiting to hire a dynamic, problem-solving focused
Student Services Representative who will place the needs of our College Students at the forefront.
In short, we are looking for a tireless advocate on behalf of our students.
This position will challenge you.
POSITION TITLE: Student Services Representative
DEPARTMENT: Student Services / Financial Aid
REPORTS TO: Manager, Student Services Center
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time / Exempt
CREATED: May 31, 2013
The Student Services Representative is responsible for working with current Marygrove College students to remove all barriers to enrollment with the goal of matriculation. The SSR will take ownership of his/her assigned students throughout their time at Marygrove acting as an advocate of their service needs and working with other campus service providers in securing continued enrollment. The SSR is a key member of the Student Service Center team and will provide superior customer service to a highly diverse population of students enrolled both on-campus and online.
The Student Services Representative must be committed to thorough student problem resolution, complete issue follow up and anticipatory service need fulfillment. This position will require a broad-based knowledge of the campus; its services, policies and procedures; other campus service providers; Datatel/Colleague; and Federal and State financial aid regulations. The Representative will have superior problem-solving abilities and interpersonal skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Regularly contacts a determined set of current Marygrove students through face-to-face, email, telephone, IM, text and paper mail communications to anticipate and resolve barriers to continued enrollment;
- Functions as the first point of contact for current student inquires requiring the resolution of financial aid, financial accounting, payment plan, registration and continuing education service requests;
- Develops a broad knowledge of campus services, personnel, policies, and procedures that will aid in the complete resolution of student service needs;
- Will take complete ownership of the service needs of their assigned students and those who present through walk-ins, telephone calls and email to the Student Service Center;
- Proactively handles exceptions / problems and provides follow up to resolution;
- Will develop proficiency in Datatel/Colleague, its modules (i.e., Communications Management), and other technologies to best address student service needs;
- Follows standard operating procedures as outlined in training sessions and handbooks;
- Will tenaciously advocate for outstanding service and thorough resolution of student service needs with various offices and departments around campus;
- Will assist students in making beneficial connections to campus offices and personnel outside his/her area of authority or knowledge to achieve thorough service;
- Serves as the campus switchboard operator, efficiently answering multiple phone requests, routing calls to individuals who can best provide service to each caller and represents the College positively at all times;
- Supports the SSC Manager by preparing reports, monitoring job activities and measuring service success
- Provides support and mentoring for students to self-serve by demonstrating the use of the online student services;
- Ensures the integrity of student records when interacting with students and takes action to correct inaccuracies;
- Will require the highest standard of student service in his / her self and in other SSC team members;
- Performs other activities as proscribed by the SSC Manager or the Director of Student Services and Financial Aid;
- Requires weekday evening and Saturday hours;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook;
- 3-5 years’ work experience with demonstrated success in customer service, including office, technical, switchboard, or data entry experience;
- Other essential skills include self motivation, attention to detail, and an ability to see tasks through to completion;
- Experience with student information systems (Datatel/Colleague) preferred
Associate degree or the equivalent credit hours toward a Bachelor’s required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
The screening process will continue until a successful candidate is chosen.
(state title of position in subject line). For information on the College see www.marygrove. Marygrove is committed to achieving a faculty and staff that is reflective of its diverse student body, and welcomes and encourages applications from members of communities historically underrepresented in higher education. EOE