Job Title: Lead Copy Assistant
Reports To: Central Services Manager
Department: Central Services, Department
Prepared Date: 04/04/2013
Classification: Support Staff
Assist and organize the day-to-day operations of the Central Service Department. Must communicate effectively with Students, Staff, Faculty and Senior Administration, and Board of Trustees. Able to meet deadlines upon request, as required. Must be proficient at effectively multi-tasking in a timely manner on a daily basis. Must be proficient and familiar with computers and possess the ability to develop knowledge and utilize computer programs. Promote leadership by example.
- Minimum of High School diploma or GED. Some college preferred.
- Minimum one year experience in a Copy Center/Print Shop Environment serving in a lead worker capacity preferred.
- Demonstrate outgoing and enthusiastic personality with well-developed written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to operate personal computer and various software applications.
- Coordinates and completes productivity and conducts quality assurance relating to special work projects.
- Record keeping of departmental billing/work order forms, invoices and files.
- Ability to effectively and accurately operate mail and print production equipment.
- Familiarity with postal and shipping rates and processes.
- Willingness to learn and accept challenges.
- Responds to customer service problems.
- Ability to manage and coordinate work distribution for multiple projects concurrently to ensure timely production of print jobs.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude in the workplace.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Leads special projects; performs other duties as assigned.
- Train, supervise, and evaluate subordinate staff.
- Provide verbal and written directions to others.
- Answer a variety of questions related to department procedures and the process.
- Exercise sound judgment when organizing, directing, and prioritizing unit activities.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Follow written and oral directions and instructions.
- Coordinates and completes print production timely.
- Mail distribution on a daily basis.
- Oversee preparation and metering of outgoing mail on a daily basis.
- Logging in packages and deliveries on a daily basis from various carriers.
- Maintain mail sorting/distribution aids.
- Oversee inventory of paper and toner stock.
- Oversee and ensure response for service, maintenance, and supply needs for leased copiers.
- Maintain departmental forms.
- Record and place service calls for office equipment/copiers as needed.
- Ability to lift 20 lbs.
- Ability to stand 2-3 hours.
The screening process will continue until a successful candidate is selected. Submit a current resume, Introductory Letter of application including salary requirements and three employment references.
Fax to (313) 927-1550, or;
(Please state title of position on subject line). E-mail submissions are preferred;
For complete description and information on the College see www.marygrove.edu. Marygrove College is committed to achieving a faculty and staff that is reflective of its diverse student body, and welcomes and encourages applications from members of communities historically underrepresented in higher education. EOE