Marygrove College is seeking a Web Developer/Designer to work on a variety of interesting and important projects - designing, developing, testing and delivering web sites, applications and components.
The desired candidate is a team player with experience in website production. You will be able to share your skills and experience as a key contributor to the production of our websites.
We work with leading-edge technologies, which change continuously. Therefore you must be keen to learn new tools and technologies, pick up and understand new systems and processes and enjoy problem solving. You will face several different projects in parallel so you must be able to handle more than one project at a time and be mindful of the importance of timely delivery. You will be a good communicator, able to share your knowledge and ideas with others.
- Create web applications and components from the requirements stage, through design, production, and deployment.
- Design user-friendly, visually appealing websites that meet brand requirements.
- Maximize usability with expert knowledge of navigation and GUI.
- Ensure SEO is built into the development process across all projects.
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure that goals and needs are met in the design / development process.
- Enhance projects and provide defect resolution on an ongoing basis.
- Utilize best practices and design methodologies to insure the success of the projects.
- Design various marketing materials.
- Deliver high-quality work, meeting tight deadlines.
- Build and improve tools and processes to assist in website production.
- Suggest and develop ways of improving working practice.
- Stay abreast of developments in web-site technologies and techniques.
- Take on role of “Webmaster” for a number of sites. Focusing on client-side, this involves
- Keeping site documentation up to date.
- Staying abreast of any guidelines concerning the site.
- Making sure the site is generally in good condition.
- Experience in developing websites and/or web applications is required.
- Experience in graphics, layout, scripting, programming, as well as development involving compatibility and seamless integration with various technologies.
- Front-end development experience is required, and some back-end development experience is a plus. Most important is the experience of seamless integration of front- to back-end functionality.
- Solid understanding of navigation and SEO.
- Experience with some or all of the following: WordPress, Drupal, Joomla and other CMS.
- Comfortable working with InDesign files and reformatting print documents for online / mobile environments.
- Experience with editing, formatting, and delivering video projects online.
- Experience with creating, managing, and delivering e-mail campaigns.
- Experience with mobile / responsive design standards; any mobile app development experience a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Flexibility, adaptability and the ability to learn quickly in various technical and creative environments.
- Desire and willingness to work in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
Send resume, cover letter with salary requirement and three employment references to Marygrove College, Human Resources Department, 8425 W. McNichols, Detroit, MI 48221-2599. Fax (313) 927-1550 or E-mail
(state title of position on subject line) or apply online.
For information on the College see www.marygrove.edu Marygrove College is committed to achieving a faculty and staff that is reflective of its diverse student body, and welcomes and encourages applications from members of communities historically underrepresented in higher education. EOE