TITLE: Outside Recruitment Representative (2)
DIVISION: Institutional Advancement
DEPARTMENT: Recruitment and Enrollment
REPORTS TO: Chief Recruitment and Enrollment Officer
CLASSIFICATION: Full time, Non–exempt
This position focuses on increasing the number of prospective students and applicants by enhancing the awareness and knowledge of Marygrove College through effective relationship building and territory management. General activities include visiting high schools, attending college fairs, coordinating on and off campus events and activities. This individual plays an integral role in coordinating and integrating outside alliances with internal personnel and resources to identify and matriculate prospective students. This individual is the external face of Marygrove College and owns frontline communication with targeted school districts, community colleges, community organizations, local businesses, students, teachers, parents, and counselors.
- Achieve semester enrollment goals
- Identify key influencers and achieve designated call expectations with a focus on top target funnels.
- Deliver on or off campus targeted recruitment presentations to students, teachers, parents, administrators, and counselors in territory.
- Effectively communicate Marygrove’s history, academic excellence, affordability, degree programs, sports/club student organizations, admissions requirements, as well as additional benefits of the College.
- Maintain a student focused approach when addressing academic, financial, and social aspects of the college, engaging in meaningful dialog to identify underlying student needs and determine how Marygrove could meet those needs.
- Identify new areas of opportunity within assigned territory.
- Enter all inquiries into SRM and ensure all paper applications are transmitted electronically to business services for processing by end of business day.
- Respond to inquiries and ensure effective coordination of communication to prospective students with inside sales team
- Develop and maintain a calendar of external events including college fairs and conventions.
- Report daily on field activity including issues and wins.
- Works to resolve student inquiries, issues, and problems, and ensure that appropriate action is taken in a timely, honest, and professional manner. Take ownership of each call and manage requests efficiently to ensure the student prospect, company, and/or regulatory agencies complete satisfaction.
- Monitor, track, and manage leads using Student Recruitment Management (SRM) system to ensure admission targets are met for each program including student referrals, leads, and retention.
- Maintain database of schools and business contacts within SRM
- Maintain sales call records and assess the effectiveness of recruitment efforts within specific regions.
- Organize and conduct information sessions with visiting students, classes, and counselors.
- Organize and promote campus events, such as preview days and high school receptions.
- Initiate unsolicited leads and generate new business when not responding to outstanding inquiries or working with current prospects/students
- Provide back-up coverage to others within the department, as needed.
- Travel required, including some evenings and weekends.
- Maintain a professional appearance at all times.
- Communicate best practices with the rest of outbound sales team via voicemail/email
- 2 years customer service, telemarketing or outside sales experience (including admissions experience)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field required.
- Excellent presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to fulfill Company Key Behaviors
- Complete weekly and/or monthly reports and forecasts as directed.
- Identify potential problems and solutions through effective analysis of reports.
- Assist the Chief Recruitment and Enrollment Officer with and provide recommendations for the annual budget.
- Assist in the planning, development, and execution of recruitment and enrollment activities including: open houses, regional presentations, training sessions, orientation programs, career days, registration days, college fairs, etc.
- Knowledge of current recruitment and marketing trends, a commitment to strategic planning, skills in planning and assessing program initiatives and experience in the effective use of technology and institutional research.
- Demonstrated experience in data-driven recruitment operations that have resulted in substantial growth in enrollment, quality, and diversity of the application pool, including traditional, and non-traditional students across ethnic, geographic and income strata.
- Outbound sales experience, with an emphasis on a consultative sales approach
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong focus on sales strategy and territory management.
- Superior organizational and problem resolution skills.
- Goal oriented and highly ethical.
- Strong expertise with MS Office as well as field related hardware and software packages and systems for reporting features.
- Exhibit an exceptional customer centric mentality at all times.
- Strong interpersonal skills with both faculty and student populations.
- Technical skills; including the use of multiple computer programs, student recruitment management software, etc.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and transform ideas into practical solutions.
- Ability to show respect for others, be a team player, relate in a friendly and accepting manner, open, flexible, respectful of alternative points of view, and comfortable in a collegial environment.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain high standards of personal conduct, take responsibility for one's own behavior, and exercise good judgment and make timely and sound decisions
- Demonstrate creativity and a high level of energy, serving as a motivational force.
- Demonstrated ability to meet or exceed recruitment goals of matriculating qualified applicants for admission into a college or university.
- Ability to interact effectively as either a leader or as a member of a team and work collaboratively with other departments.
- Ability to listen to customers (e.g. staff, etc.) and to understand and respond positively to their requests.
- Ability to adapt to changing assignments and multiple priorities to successfully meet deadlines.
- Availability to travel and work evenings and weekends as required.
- Ability to take a student’s issue, own it as his or her own issue, and focus to see it through to resolution.
- Ability to prioritize activities and meet designated call volumes daily
- Ability to multitask and take initiative.
- Ability to achieve and maintain high level of customer satisfaction with each contact.
- Able to analyze target and student prospect needs and suggest the appropriate solutions and/or services available at Marygrove.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. and stand for 2 – 3 hours at a time.
The screening process will continue until a successful candidate is chosen. Email resume, cover letter with salary requirement and three employment references to
(state title of position on subject line).
For information on the College see www.marygrove.edu. Marygrove is committed to achieving a faculty and staff that is reflective of its diverse student body, and welcomes and encourages applications from members of communities historically underrepresented in higher education.