Job Title: Office Coordinator
Division: Institutional Advancement
Department: Recruitment and Enrollment
Reports to: Admissions Administrator
Classification: Non-exempt (Full time)
Date Prepared: August 9, 2012
The Admissions Office Coordinator effectively coordinates all office functions for Undergraduate and Graduate Admissions and also provides support for Admissions outreach and intake initiatives.
Key characteristics of the ideal candidate:
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proactive in nature
- Resourceful and creative problem solver
- High energy and willing to go the extra mile to solve any issue
- Sensitive to student confidentiality
- Coordinate the day-to-day functioning of the Admissions Office for prospective undergraduate and graduate students.
- Ensure a neat and professional reception area for the Office of Admissions.
- Assign, manage, and execute specific tasks in the Recruitment Communications Plan and document activity in SRM.
- Manage the workflow of the office and administer a prioritization of pending issues.
- Prepare correspondence, memoranda, and provide other related administrative support for student recruitment and operations. Proofread and edit documents.
- Process and distribute all mail delivered to the Office of Admissions (including tracking package receipt, P.O. box mailing and distribution).
- Manage inventory of recruitment supplies and materials (i.e., brochures, fact sheets, giveaways).
- Manage inventory of office supplies; request service for office machinery, and perform all necessary office functions as they relate to the needs of the Office of Admissions.
- Maintain and manage an electronic calendar for the Offices of Undergraduate and Graduate Admissions.
- Answer and direct all incoming telephone calls.
- Check and forward all voicemail messages in a timely manner.
- Greet prospective students and their families.
- Schedule prospective student appointments when necessary.
- Provide general information regarding undergraduate and graduate admissions procedures and deadlines.
- Serve as liaison with other departments in the resolution of day-to-day office management issues. Attend recruitment events hosted by the Offices of Undergraduate and Graduate Admissions as needed.
- Collaborate with Business Services to ensure the coordination of admissions data processing including receipt, entry, verification, or filing of applications, transcripts, and other admission credentials into student information system (Datatel).
- Coordinate student worker clerical tasks and oversee the execution of mailings, phone calls, etc.
- Assist with updating undergraduate and graduate applicant data in DATATEL and IDOC as needed or in the absence of the data specialist.
- Maintain work-flow processes between the Business Services and Recruitment and Enrollment.
- Proficiency in utilizing Student Recruitment Software systems to facilitate communications, task management, and team collaboration.
- Maintain areas of the Recruitment and Enrollment Wiki specific to office procedures, FAQs, etc.
- Recommend system and process changes to improve business practice.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Chief Recruitment and Enrollment Officer or the Admissions Administrator
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2-4 years of customer service experience (higher education preferred).
- Ability to adapt to changing assignments and multiple priorities.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and successfully meet deadlines.
- Superior verbal, organizational, written, professional, and interpersonal skills and the ability to develop and maintain effective, collaborative professional relationships with staff and faculty.
- A thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office is required.
- Create, revise, and print MS Word documents/forms with the capability to create labels; perform mail merge; and protect documents.
- Create, revise, and print Excel Worksheets with the capability to create, sort, filter, and subtotal data; hide/show rows/columns;
- Demonstrated ability to compose and appropriately format correspondence and reports.
- Maintain and develop communication plan flow rules.
- Flexibility to work weekends and evenings as needed to cover special events.
- Appreciation of, and sensitivity to, diverse cultures and lifestyles.
- Proven ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Demonstrated excellence in problem solving.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and trust.
- Ability to work under general and minimal supervision.
- 1-3 years of technology experience utilizing Student Recruitment Software systems to facilitate communications, task management, and team collaboration.
- The person in this position should demonstrate eagerness and willingness to assume new responsibilities with demonstrated accuracy in data entry using multiple student databases.
Send resume, cover letter with salary requirement and three employment references to Marygrove College, Human Resources Department, 8425 W. McNichols, Detroit, MI 48221-2599. Fax (313) 927-1550 or E-mail
(state title of position on subject line) or apply online.
Interested candidates must apply by Friday, August 31, 2012. Applications will not be accepted after this date.
For information on the College see www.marygrove.edu Marygrove College is committed to achieving a faculty and staff that is reflective of its diverse student body, and welcomes and encourages applications from members of communities historically underrepresented in higher education. EOE