Department: Institutional Advancement
Reports to: Admissions Administrator
Classification: Exempt (salaried), Full Time
This member of the inside recruitment team is the first point of contact for prospective students via the Welcome Center. As the face of the Welcome Center, this individual behaves in a highly professional manner and maintains a corporate professional appearance at all times. This individual is dedicated to coordinating all office functions for the Recruitment and Enrollment department while managing their own recruiting responsibilities. The position demands superior customer service when responding to faculty, staff, and prospective student inquiries, resolving issues, and ensuring that appropriate action is taken in a timely, honest, and professional manner. The Junior Inside Recruitment Representative is responsible for all aspects of the recruitment and application process in an effort to qualify students for admission selection and enrollment. The successful candidate will be an articulate, organized, results-driven, dynamic and enthusiastic leader and team player. This position provides an excellent opportunity for a talented and committed professional whose skills and attitude complement a dynamic, collegial team.
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree – experience taking an online course is a plus
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and deal with ambiguity.
- Exceptional interpersonal, problem solving and customer service skills.
- Ability to listen, understand and overcome obstacles.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer literate and able to learn proprietary software applications.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Coordinate the day-to-day functioning of the Recruitment Office for prospective undergraduate and graduate students.
- Ensure a neat and professional reception area for the Recruitment Office.
- Assign, manage, and execute specific tasks in the Recruitment Communications Plan and document activity in SRM.
- Prepare correspondence, memoranda, and provide other related administrative support for student recruitment and operations. Proofread and edit documents.
- Process and distribute all mail delivered to the Recruitment Office (including tracking package receipt, P.O. box mailing and distribution).
- Manage inventory of recruitment supplies and materials (i.e., brochures, fact sheets, giveaways).
- Manage inventory of office supplies; request service for office machinery, and perform all necessary office functions as they relate to the needs of the Recruitment Office and Welcome Center.
- Maintain and manage an electronic calendar for the Offices of Undergraduate and Graduate Admissions.
- Answer and direct all incoming telephone calls.
- Check and forward all voicemail messages in a timely manner.
- Greet prospective students and their families.
- Schedule prospective student appointments when necessary.
- Provide general information regarding undergraduate and graduate admissions procedures and deadlines.
- Serve as liaison with other departments in the resolution of day-to-day office management issues. Attend recruitment events hosted by the Offices of Undergraduate and Graduate Admissions as needed.
- Collaborate with Business Services to ensure the coordination of admissions data processing including receipt, entry, verification, or filing of applications, transcripts, and other admission credentials into student information system (Datatel).
- Coordinate student worker clerical tasks and oversee the execution of mailings, phone calls, etc.
- Oversee the on-campus tour program, including scheduling tour dates and times while maintaining the student tour guides schedule. This also includes managing student tour guide training to ensure a consistent tour delivery.
- Maintain work-flow processes between the Business Services and Recruitment and Enrollment.
- Maintain areas of the Recruitment and Enrollment Wiki specific to office procedures, FAQs, etc.
- Recommend system and process changes to improve business practice.
- Meet or exceed predetermined application and enrollment goals.
- Spend several hours each day following up on potential leads. Responds to all new inquiries quickly and maintains consistent communication with all students throughout the admission process. Documents communications and conversations in Student Recruitment Management software.
- Conduct student appointments to identify students’ educational goals and disseminate course and program information to potential students. This includes consulting with potential and/or current students with respect to admissions criteria, and reviewing with students the attributes of our programs.
- Works to resolve student inquiries, issues, and problems, and ensure that appropriate action is taken in a timely, honest, and professional manner. Take ownership of each call and manage requests efficiently to ensure the student prospect, company, and/or regulatory agencies complete satisfaction.
- Proactive in identifying potential barriers within the student enrollment process and initiates steps resulting in resolution.
- Occasional travel required in support of the outside recruitment team during high school visits and at college fairs, this includes some evenings and weekends.
- Provide back-up to others in the department, as needed.
- Complete documentation of all communication with prospects and students within SRM
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Chief Recruitment and Enrollment Officer or the Admissions Administrator
- Assist students by performing appropriate follow up and coordination with team members, ensuring effective coordination of communication between the outside and inside recruitment teams.
- 2 years customer service, telemarketing or sales experience (including admissions experience)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field required.
- Excellent presentation skills
- Complete weekly and/or monthly reports and forecasts as directed.
- Identify potential problems and solutions through effective analysis of reports.
- Assist in the planning, development, and execution of recruitment and enrollment activities including: open houses, regional presentations, training sessions, orientation programs, career days, registration days, college fairs, etc.
Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of current recruitment and marketing trends, a commitment to strategic planning, skills in planning and assessing program initiatives and experience in the effective use of technology and institutional research.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong focus on inside sales strategies and documentation of activities.
- Superior organizational and problem resolution skills.
- Goal oriented and highly ethical.
- Strong expertise with MS Office as well as field related hardware and software packages and systems for reporting features.
- 1-3 years of technology experience utilizing Student Recruitment Software systems to facilitate communications, task management, and team collaboration.
- Superior time management and task prioritization skills needed to meet expected call volumes
- Exhibit an exceptional customer centric mentality at all times.
- Strong interpersonal skills with both faculty and student populations.
- Strong knowledge of iDoc and Datatel software to facilitate admissions processes
- Proficiency in utilizing Student Recruitment Software systems to facilitate communications, task management, and team collaboration.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and transform ideas into practical solutions.
- Ability to show respect for others, be a team player, relate in a friendly and accepting manner, open, flexible, respectful of alternative points of view, and comfortable in a collegial environment.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain high standards of personal conduct, take responsibility for one's own behavior, and exercise good judgment and make timely and sound decisions
- Demonstrate creativity and a high level of energy, serving as a motivational force.
- Demonstrated ability to meet or exceed recruitment goals of matriculating qualified applicants for admission into a college or university.
- Ability to interact effectively as either a leader or as a member of a team and work collaboratively with other departments.
- Ability to listen to customers (e.g. staff, etc.) and to understand and respond positively to their requests.
- Ability to adapt to changing assignments and multiple priorities to successfully meet deadlines.
- Availability to travel and work evenings and weekends as required.
- Demonstrate eagerness and willingness to assume new responsibilities.
(state title of position on subject line) or apply online.
Interested candidates must apply by Friday, August 31, 2012. Applications will not be accepted after this date.
For information on the College see www.marygrove.edu Marygrove College is committed to achieving a faculty and staff that is reflective of its diverse student body, and welcomes and encourages applications from members of communities historically underrepresented in higher education. EOE