Job Title: OED Academic Program Coordinator
Department: Online Education Division
Reports to: Director of Online Education Division
Classification: Full-time, Exempt (salaried)
Date Prepared: July 18, 2014
Marygrove College Online Education Division Academic Program Coordinator
The OED Program Coordinator is a direct report to the Director of Online Education Division (OED) for the development, implementation, and success of running multiple academic online programs. This includes, but is not limited to accreditation, evaluation, strategic initiative implementation, program annual reports, student thesis work, curriculum development, faculty and student relations and support, research and program development. Programs may include Educational Leadership, Education Technology, Professional Development, Master of Art in Teaching, and any other programs that will fall under the OED.
- Coordinate Student Relationships, Development, Issues and Services
- Monitor student grades and manage student issues and investigations
- Manage Capstone/Thesis/internship Plan of Work approvals, Program Approvals, Info, Guidance, Advisor setup/disputes, program admissions, etc.
- Oversee faculty advisors with deliverables and progress reports on student internships/capstone/thesis/portfolio projects.
- Manage student learning outcomes, implementation of institutional and accreditation updates in courses, student projects and assignments.
- Meet with the candidate and school mentor regarding the placement of the internship.
- Provide assistance to the intern and instructor/advisor as needed.
- Receive and review monthly reports from the intern and advisor.
- Consult with the advisor and intern at the end of the internship to determine the quantity and quality of the internship experience.
- Meet with the intern at the conclusion to complete the final summative evaluation.
2. Coordinate Faculty Relationships, Development, and Issues
- Conduct faculty evaluation process and collaborate with other staff to manage elevated reports/issues
- Manage, assist and/or maintain faculty hiring, firing, and course assignments
- Oversee Faculty conference, Faculty Newsletters, and any other communications as established
- Scaffolds LMS and technological upgrades to provide necessary faculty and student support and updates to use technology.
3. Oversee, coordinate, and manage Daily Program Operations for multiple programs: Internal, Inter-departmental, and external
- Manage state authorizations, licensures and other necessary authorizations.
- Manage accreditation, assessment, and additional initiatives that impact programmatic functions and updates.
- Develop program information materials on all programs as determined.
- Manage academic probations with Office Manager
- Provide program and thesis advising.
- Manage Thesis approvals and progress reports. Coordinate with Registrar accordingly.
- Manage assessment, outcomes and accreditation: Open Pathway/HLC, TEAC, INACOL, etc. specifically for the programs.
- Manage and report on data analysis of course effectiveness, student retention and student evaluation.
- Manage and create annual reports for programs.
- Collaborate with Library and Ed Tech Support on course shell availability, design, and training of campus-faculty.
- Assist with research and service projects and opportunities.
- Liaison Tech Support, Bb, Library, etc as needed and determined.
- Run subcommittee updates with faculty and manage faculty training in collaboration with other staff.
- Attend and assist with meetings, retreats, and other activities.
- Collect and analyze program, course, and student related data for further research and additional institutional needs.
- Represent Marygrove Online via conferences and national meetings.
Read more: OED Academic Program Coordinator