Barnes & Nobles bookstore cards are available for students who have financial aid awards pending, are registered for classes, and have excess funds available after paying tuition and fees.
Book cards/vouchers can only be used at the Marygrove College bookstore. Book cards are non-refundable, even if lost or stolen. Book card balances will carry over between semesters.
Eligibility for Book Card
- Student must be enrolled and registered in the term in which book card is requested.
- Student must have no outstanding prior balance with Marygrove College.
- Students must have Federal, State, institutional aid, scholarships and/or certified loans that exceed tuition and fees.
How to Request a Book Card
- Confirm through Business Office that you meet the eligibility requirements.
- Bookstore cards can be requested one week prior to the start of classes.
- Students may use their Barnes & Noble book card only in the Marygrove College bookstore.
Students are eligible to request a book card up to $800 based on the number of registered classes for the term. Please see table as an example:
- 1 registered class: $300 eligibility amount
- 2 registered classes: $400 eligibility amount
- 3 registered classes: $550 eligibility amount
- 4 or more registered classes: $800 eligibility amount
Students are eligible to make book purchases immediately upon receipt. In addition, students should only request what they plan to spend at the bookstore. Once the request has been processed, the charge will be placed immediately on your student account. If a student becomes ineligible for financial aid, the bookstore card charges will be the responsibility of the student.