This course prepares school teachers to design and teach an online course in their subject area. This course explores design and delivery strategies of online courses. Online pedagogy, content, assessment, collaboration, management and human issues are investigated. (3 credit hours)
- What are the best practices for designing an online class site;
- What are the best practices and strategies of teaching an online class.
- Online learning management systems
- Intro to online course design—online syllabus template and design
- Collaborative learning in an online course
- Course site building using Blackboard/Moodle
- Designing a unit for an online course
- Courses in ET 21 strand are for teachers of K-12 students.
- All courses are 3 credit hours.
- ET 21 students take 2 tech courses (3 credits each).
- Tech students take 2 more courses in Tech.
- Classroom students take the other 2 courses.
- All ET 21 students will have a 30-hour master's degree.