The focus of this course will be on teaching participants effective ways to integrate the arts (music, movement/dance, theater, visual representation) into core content areas to increase student engagement and foster problem solving.
- How do creative people solve problems?
- What is the difference between creativity and innovation?
- How can teachers foster a paradigm shift toward creativity and innovation without abandoning classroom management?
- Teach process and products in content area classroom
- Demonstrate four umbrella concepts
- Shared Authority
- Reflective Practice (meta-cognition, performance assessment)
- Inquiry-Based learning (talk)
- Building a community of Learners
- Communicate effectively about & through the arts
- Employ critical thinking & problem solving
- Use the arts as motivator to improve student engagement
- Courses in ET 21 strand are for teachers of K-12 students.
- All courses are 3 credit hours.
- ET 21 students take 2 tech courses (3 credits each).
- Tech students take 2 more courses in Tech.
- Classroom students take the other 2 courses.
- All ET 21 students will have a 30-hour master's degree.